Wednesday 24 April 2013

Such a pretty shop. Sigh.

Today I went to Ballantynes

It's an absolutely beautiful shop here in New Zealand and has been around for the last 100 or so years. It sells everything upmarket and I am forever going and window shopping because lord knows I can't afford anything. They have a gorgeous sweet collection, as you can see by the photos below. They also have beautiful displays of all their counters, this one being the Antipodes which I spoke about in my last post here. Their cosmetic counters are to die for. I would kill to have every product from all ranges. There is the sweetest guy working on the Kiehl's Counter. We had a good chat about the Epidermal Re-texturising Microdermabrasion Cream. I want to try it so badly. Apparently that shit is like gold - works miracles. I may as well slather on unicorn sweat all over my face because that is the chance of me ever being able to afford it here at the insane prices everything is in New Zealand. Ugh. Sigh.


These next two photos are from Chantecaille's new collection. It's called The Elephant Palette and I absolutely love it. Not only do I love the little elephant imprints on the eyeshadows, I also love their colours. They're earthy and gorgeous for everyday use. The case is very chic with a lovely ivory colour and then a black elephant with its' trunk raised. On their website, Chantecaille, the palette aims to raise awareness to orphaned baby elephants in Kenya. So not only are you getting a lovely eyeshadow palette when purchasing, you are also donating to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust where 5% of all proceeds go.
Even the names of the eyeshadows are lovely; Ivory, Grasslands, Iron Ore, and Red Earth. This palette is perfect as far as I'm concerned. I absolutely want it and fell in love with it when I saw it at the Mecca counter today. It's just beautiful. 
Besides, I adore elephants.


Someone buy this palette and tell me how amazing it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment